812 Route 203, Spencertown, NY 12165

The Center portrays the history of the Austerlitz area from its settlement in the 1750’s to 2021, through a series of wall panels and exhibits. Highlights include the Spencers Town Proprietors Book (1757-72), 1830’s portraits on wood of Sherman and Lydia Griswold, restored chemical fire engine purchased for Spencertown in 1915, “Austerlitz Archeology” (coins and other artifacts from the 1700’s unearthed by metal detector Max Crane), and the histories of the Austerlitz and Spencertown fire companies.

Open Saturdays, 9am-11am, and other times by appointment

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This