Free Fishing Days
Saturday, February 15 - Sunday, February 16
During Free Fishing Days/Weekends, anyone can fish the fresh waters of New York State and no fishing license is required! All other freshwater fishing regulations still apply.
- Try fishing for the first time.
- Haven’t fished in a while? Remember the joy of catching a fish again for free!
- Become an ambassador to the sport; take a friend fishing for the first time.
- Invite a friend to New York to fish.
- Take a spouse or significant other fishing.
- Take the family fishing…and don’t forget the grandparents!